Conference Day One: Tuesday, 25th September 2018
8:30 am - 9:00 am Coffee + Registration
9:00 am - 9:10 am Opening Remarks from Conference Chairperson
9:10 am - 9:50 am What Will Unfold In The Technical Future? Discussing The Impacts And Opportunities Of 5G Artificial Intelligence And Automation On EnterpriseRocky Scopelliti - Director of Industry 4.0 Optus
Artificial Intelligence and RPA is currently being embedded in organisations around Australia. But how ready is Australia for this 4th industrial revolution? Rocky has been researching at Optus in the Centre for Industry 4.0 about the exact impacts of the 4th industrial revolution and what opportunities lie in automation, artificial intelligence and personalisation. He will particularly touch on the readiness of Australia for these kinds of technologies and will discuss Optus’ view as a network and the impacts of 5G on technical opportunity.
- Discussing the research at the Centre for Industry 4.0 at Optus and the readiness of Australia for the 4th industrial revolution
- Assessing the opportunity in artificial intelligence, automation and personalisation
- Optus’ view of the opportunity as a network and the impacts of 5G on enterprise
Rocky ScopellitiDirector of Industry 4.0
9:50 am - 10:20 am Realising benefit from Opportunity Identification to OperationsAlex Moynihan - Founder, CEO Eclair Group
Many organisations face challenges in applying Automation and AI technologies to the right business areas and processes as they scale. Increasingly, delivering material and measurable benefit to the business has become a primary focus for the release of funding in support of Automation initiatives. Combining the identification of the right processes, a quantifiable business case, and benefits realisation in operations is the focus of the Eclair group’s work with its clients. Leveraging Eve, Eclair’s product guiding business through the end to end Automation journey, Eclair’s goal is Automation Simplified. In this session, we will explore:
- What are the key drivers for automation from a business perspective?
- How do we articulate benefit and a business case for automation with limited input?
- How do we measure benefit and realise transformative changes to bring the case for Automation to life?
Alex MoynihanFounder, CEO
10:20 am - 10:50 am Speed Networking
10:50 am - 11:20 am Morning Tea
Interactive Discussion Groups
Not only will you hear peer-to-peer led case studies and best practice, you will also receive Interactive Discussion based session on pressing issues in Artificial Intelligence. The Robotic Process Automation Delegation will also join you for this session. How will the IDGs run?
- The entire audience will break up and choose IDGs based on which topics are most relevant and interesting to them.
- Each IDG is set in a roundtable format and will be facilitated by a thought leader in the space
- Each delegate will have the opportunity to select 3 topics and will rotate between their choices every 30 minutes.
- Discussion groups are kept small to ensure all delegates get the opportunity to ask their most pressing questions, ensuring a perfectly tailored experience.
Table One11:20 am - 1:00 pm Exploring The Benefit Of Machine Learning In Healthcare And Its Flexibility And Adaptability Sandeep Reddy - Health Informatician, School of Medicine Deakin University
Sandeep ReddyHealth Informatician, School of Medicine
Table Two11:20 am - 1:00 pm Analysing The Complexity Of Advanced Analytics And How To Deploy It Caitlin Garner - Head of Practice Efficiency Allens
Caitlin GarnerHead of Practice Efficiency
Table Three11:20 am - 1:00 pm Understanding Deep Learning And Machine Learning Techniques For Operational Optimisation Deepak Kumar - Regional Head - Automation and AI Platforms, Edgeverve
Deepak KumarRegional Head - Automation and AI Platforms,
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm Lunch
2:00 pm - 2:30 pm How Findex Reduced Customer Churn With Artificial Intelligence And Saved MillionsBehrang Zadjabbari - Head of Data Science Findex
Customer churn is a significant problem for many organisations, however Artificial Intelligence presents a very innovative way to help reduce this churn. Findex created an AI that helped predict which clients would churn and triggered a response to prevent this occurrence. In this session Behrang discusses how they created this AI, including some of the challenges they had to overcome with data quality and size.
- Understanding the best practice of how to use and analyse your data to put together an AI to reduce churn rates
- Overcoming issues around data quality and size to produce an effective AI that reflects accurate results
- Discussing the lessons learned from putting together the AI and how you might be able to avoid it
Behrang ZadjabbariHead of Data Science
2:40 pm - 3:20 pm Case Study: How To Structure Data, Leverage The Right Data For Analytics And Work With Existing ToolsManasa Kesharaju - Lead Data Scientist Department of Human Services
The Department of Human Services are leading in Artificial Intelligence deployment in the Australian Government. However they have had to overcome a major challenge that impacted the accuracy of their Artificial Intelligence, specifically to their fraud analytics. This session discusses how to begin to structure data when starting to deploy Artificial Intelligence. Data is key to ensuring that your Artificial Intelligence will be effective and accurate. However if it is not structured to be ready for Artificial Intelligence and the right data isn’t leveraged, you wont get the optimal information from your data!
- Leverage the Department of Human Services’ experience to understand how to prepare and structure your data for Artificial Intelligence
- Ensuring the right data is used to ensure accurate and descriptive analytics, with examples from Manasa’s experience
- Analysing the best method to model, test, train and deploy Artificial Intelligence and Data Analytics
Manasa KesharajuLead Data Scientist
Department of Human Services
3:20 pm - 3:50 pm Afternoon Tea
3:50 pm - 5:10 pm CHAMPAGNE ROUNDTABLESKarina Sant’Ana - Head of Customer Insights, Customer Labs IAG
In this interactive discussion, enjoy a glass of your favourite drink and choose one topic to debate with your peers for the last session of the day.
- Recruiting Correctly With The Future of Work In Mind
Karina Sant’AnaHead of Customer Insights, Customer Labs